Congratulations to 5th graders, Nathan, Laura, Maddie, Ambelina, Lily, Morgan, and Emmelia on earning The Distinguished Dolphin Award. Thank you for following the Prescott Promise.
Yanara, a 5th grader a Prescott, had a painting selected to be on display this month at the Dubuque Museum of Art, in an exhibition featuring artwork from students all from Dubuque schools. Two weavings have also been included, which were made by students K-5 during our Friday exploratory.
The reception for this exhibit is Thursday March 2, 5:00-6:30.
George Washington Middle School Open House- Monday, April 3, 2017
GWMS Welcomes Future Wahawks!
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early to hear the Band (on Grandview Ave) & Orchestra (in the Auditorium) perform
- A short presentation about Washington Middle School by our students for our future students – 7:00 in the Auditorium
- See our Visual and Performing Arts students in a scene from High School Musical, opening April 6
- Future students will complete a scavenger hunt that ends in our South Gym
- Learn about and sign up for Extra-curricular and Sports offerings in the South Gym
- Each student in attendance will receive a T-Shirt courtesy of the Washington PTO
Monday, April 3, 2017 – 7:00-8:00 PM
George Washington Middle School
51 N. Grandview Ave.
Ms. Recker is excited to announce that our Friday Exploratory students have created a group installation sculpture project that will hang at Dubuque Bank and Trust across the street (1398 Central Ave). There will be a reception to celebrate the display on Friday November 18th from 3:30-4:30. Refreshments will be served. The sculpture will hang from the ceiling and be on display from November 15th to Thanksgiving. About 85 Prescott students in grades K-5 participated in the making of this installation sculpture.
Check out the video our 5th graders created and produced with analogies between the parts of a river and their own lives.