Congratulations to 5th graders, Nathan, Laura, Maddie, Ambelina, Lily, Morgan, and Emmelia on earning The Distinguished Dolphin Award. Thank you for following the Prescott Promise.
What's New at Prescott Elementary
Yanara, a 5th grader a Prescott, had a painting selected to be on display this month at the Dubuque Museum of Art, in an exhibition featuring artwork from students all from Dubuque schools. Two weavings have also been included, which were made by students K-5 during our Friday exploratory.
The reception for this exhibit is Thursday March 2, 5:00-6:30.
To better inform our families about schedule changes, the Dubuque Community School District will begin offering text messaging for weather-related and emergency alerts from the district. The service is offered through School Messenger, the system the district currently uses for mass email messages and automated phone calls.
HERE’S HOW TO BE SURE YOU RECEIVE TEXT MESSAGES:
- On TUESDAY, FEB. 21, between approximately 5:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. all phone numbers on file for families and staff will receive a text message asking them to opt in.
- If your phone has SMS or text messaging capability, you will receive the initial message.
- When you receive this text, REPLY “Yes” or “Y” to confirm that you’d like to continue receiving text messages.
- That’s it! You will then receive text messages for weather and emergency alerts.
- You can opt out of these text messages at any time by replying to one of our messages with “Stop”.
PLEASE NOTE: The district will only use text messages for weather-related or emergency purposes, not for general district information. Subscribers are responsible for any applicable text messaging charges from their carrier.
Registration for 2017-2018 free four-year-old preschool in the Dubuque Community School District will begin on Monday, Feb. 6. This includes Dubuque’s 13 public schools offering preschool through the Statewide Voluntary Free Preschool Program.
Parents and guardians may register students in person at the selected site, beginning when that site’s office opens on February 6. Proof-of-age, preferably a birth certificate, is required to register a student. A passport or signed immunization record will be accepted if necessary. Initial paperwork can be found online at www.dbqschools.org/preschool.
Read More about “2017-2018 Preschool Registration Begins Monday, Feb. 6”
George Washington Middle School Open House- Monday, April 3, 2017
GWMS Welcomes Future Wahawks!
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early to hear the Band (on Grandview Ave) & Orchestra (in the Auditorium) perform
- A short presentation about Washington Middle School by our students for our future students – 7:00 in the Auditorium
- See our Visual and Performing Arts students in a scene from High School Musical, opening April 6
- Future students will complete a scavenger hunt that ends in our South Gym
- Learn about and sign up for Extra-curricular and Sports offerings in the South Gym
- Each student in attendance will receive a T-Shirt courtesy of the Washington PTO
Monday, April 3, 2017 – 7:00-8:00 PM
George Washington Middle School
51 N. Grandview Ave.
Prescott Elementary School will host its annual Soup Luncheon fundraiser on Tuesday, Dec. 20, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at the school. The event will also feature a silent auction for attendees.
The recommended donation is $15 and tickets can be reserved in person at the school office or by calling the main office at (563)552-4200. Tickets are also available at the door the day of the event.
Ms. Recker is excited to announce that our Friday Exploratory students have created a group installation sculpture project that will hang at Dubuque Bank and Trust across the street (1398 Central Ave). There will be a reception to celebrate the display on Friday November 18th from 3:30-4:30. Refreshments will be served. The sculpture will hang from the ceiling and be on display from November 15th to Thanksgiving. About 85 Prescott students in grades K-5 participated in the making of this installation sculpture.