Did you know Prescott participates in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP)?! The FFVP is a grant opportunity for your school that provides children with free FRESH fruits and vegetables during the school day. The goals of the FFVP is to create healthier school environments by providing healthier food choices, expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience, increase children’s fruit and vegetable consumption and make a difference in children’s diet to impact their present and future health
Thank you to the James B. and Melita A. McDonough Foundation
Thank You to the McDonough Foundation for a grant of $9,850 to purchase a mobile learning lab. We purchased 25 iPads for the mobile learning lab. This mobile learning lab will support our students’ development in all elementary curriculum areas by providing access to educational applications, tools for creating videos and presentations. Creating and collaborating using digital tools, in this case, iPads, expands our students’ learning environment to a global level.
Prescott will once again be teaming up with St. Luke’s UMC for our annual Fall Blood Drive on November 12th, 1:00-5:45. Our 4th graders will be helping with this blood drive. If you are interested in donating blood please contact either Prescott school (563-552-4200) or Michael Loveless (563-584-9235)
Yanara, a 5th grader a Prescott, had a painting selected to be on display this month at the Dubuque Museum of Art, in an exhibition featuring artwork from students all from Dubuque schools. Two weavings have also been included, which were made by students K-5 during our Friday exploratory.
The reception for this exhibit is Thursday March 2, 5:00-6:30.
George Washington Middle School Open House- Monday, April 3, 2017
GWMS Welcomes Future Wahawks!
- Arrive 15-20 minutes early to hear the Band (on Grandview Ave) & Orchestra (in the Auditorium) perform
- A short presentation about Washington Middle School by our students for our future students – 7:00 in the Auditorium
- See our Visual and Performing Arts students in a scene from High School Musical, opening April 6
- Future students will complete a scavenger hunt that ends in our South Gym
- Learn about and sign up for Extra-curricular and Sports offerings in the South Gym
- Each student in attendance will receive a T-Shirt courtesy of the Washington PTO
Monday, April 3, 2017 – 7:00-8:00 PM
George Washington Middle School
51 N. Grandview Ave.